The Victorian Arts Centre Melbourne Trust is committed to protecting your privacy. We are bound by the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
This Privacy Statement explains how we use and disclose personal information which we hold about you and the privacy rights you have in relation to that information.
We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement on our website regularly, as this Privacy Statement may change from time to time.
Your personal information
Personal information we may collect, or which may be held by us about you, may include:
- your name;
- your date of birth;
- your postal address;
- your telephone and mobile phone number;
- your email address;
- your image and voice, if captured by CCTV cameras at the Centre, or if you are filmed, recorded or photogryou visit any of our venues (such as the State Theatre, Hamer Hall and the Sidney Myer Music Bowl), or when you attend events at our venues; and
- your username and password.
We may also collect and hold information about you that is relevant to your performing ats and arts-related interests, and that is relevant to your attendance at the events we hold (including details of your attendance at events).
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you request information from us;
- when you are the recipient of a gift voucher;
- when you subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists;
- when you visit any of our venues, or when you attend events at our venues;
- when you make a donation to us;
- when you apply for a membership;
- from third parties selling tickets on our behalf, or on behalf of people staging events at our venues;
- from the organisations identified below under "When we disclose your personal information";
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- when you otherwise provide information to us, including:
- in writing;
- in person;
- by phone; or
- from your use of our website.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- enable you to purchase tickets and merchandise, including, where applicable, to process your credit card paactions;
- enable you to make donations or apply for membership with us, and to contact you regarding donationrships;
- send you your tickets to events held at our venues or to send you gift vouchers that have been have been purchased for you by others;
- inform you if events change, or regarding refunds, exchanges where those are permitted;
- gain an understanding of your performing arts and arts-related interests and to enable us to research and deusiness to better accommodate those interests; and
- as set out below under the headings "Marketing by Arts Centre Melbourne" and "Disclosure to our presenters".
When we disclose your personal information
From time to time, we may need to disclose your personal information to other organisations. Those organisations carry out our:
- customer enquiries;
- ticket sales and distribution;
- newsletters and marketing;
- information technology services; or
- other services relating to events at our venues or which we organise.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- as permitted or required by law; and
- to presenters of events at our venues to which you have purchased tickets as set out below under the helosure to our presenters
Marketing by Arts Centre Melbourne
When you create an account with us, including through our website, or when you otherwise provide us with your contact details, we will ask you whether you wish to receive information relating to us and to events that we think may be of interest to you. Where you agree to us doing so, we may use your personal information to provide you with information relating to us and to events that we think may be of interest to you.
If you later decide that you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, please let us know by updating your details online through our website, at our Box Office or Information Desk, or by contacting us at the address set out below under the heading "How to contact us".
We may also reproduce your image and voice in any audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, broadcast, communication, publication or reproduction in any medium or context for any purpose without further authorisation by, or compensation or attribution to, you.
Disclosure to our Asia TOPA Consortium and Program Partners
Where you purchase a ticket from us for an Asia TOPA event:
- (a) we may provide your contact details to the Asia TOPA Consortium Member or Program Partner of that event for use for research purposes; and
Sale of tickets through third parties
How we deal with your personal information if you apply for a job with us
If you apply for a job with us, you may be required to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, employment and educational background, as well as other personal information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
We will hold, use and disclose that information solely for the purpose of considering your application. In particular, in considering your application, it may be necessary for us to disclose some of that information to third parties to verify the accuracy of that information. In such circumstances, we will disclose only such information as is necessary in the circumstances.
In considering your application, we may also collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
How you can help us to ensure the accuracy of the personal information we hold
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that personal information depends to a large extent on the information you provide to us. To help ensure the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you, we ask that you:
- let us know if you become aware of any errors in the personal information we hold about you; and
- inform us of changes to your personal information, such as changes to your name or address or other contact details.
How you can access your personal information
You have a right to access personal information that we hold about you, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. We reserve the right to charge a fee for providing you with access to your personal information.
How to contact us regarding privacy matters
If you have any questions in relation to privacy matters, please contact our privacy officer on email@example.com or (03) 9281 8000
Alternatively, you can write to our privacy officer at:
Arts Centre Melbourne
PO Box 7585
ST KILDA ROAD VIC 8004